The responsibilities for this position include:
- Overseeing the Department of Economic Development Study and develop short-term and long-term goals, and makes recommendations to the Mayor and Council on all matters related to City economic development
- Negotiates, reviews, and administers the compliance and enforcement of all City ordinances, contracts, agreements, and/or economic incentive agreements.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with the Chamber of Commerce, etc., which will facilitate and implement programs and activities in conjunction with the City’s economic development goals.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the development, implementation monitoring and evaluation of economic development programs and projects, including initial planning, feasibility determination, community involvement and acceptance, and implementation with project timetables.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations to City Council, Boards and Commissions of the City, and the general public.
- Evaluates third-party plans and proposals related to economic development plans and programs.
- Prepares and administers the Department’s annual operating budget
QUALIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure that individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year (4) college or university, and five (5) years related experience and/or training in municipal economic development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
Application forms are available on the City’s website at www.cityofstreetsboro.com. Forward a completed, signed City employment application, resume, and references to:
City of Streetsboro Human Resources Dept.
9184 S.R. 43
Streetsboro, Ohio 44241
The City of Streetsboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Department of Human Resources
9184 State Route 43, Streetsboro, OH 44241 P:330.626.4942 F:330.626.6087