How do I obtain a restraining order?

Restraining orders are not issued by the Streetsboro Police Department, and the police department cannot enforce a restraining order by arrest.  Violating a restraining order is a civil matter, and is addressed by filing against the violating party in civil court.  Consult with a private attorney regarding obtaining a restraining order.

Temporary Protection Orders (TPO’s) are issued through the Ravenna Municipal Court system for specific instances of Domestic Violence and Stalking.  Civil Protection Orders (CPO’s) are issued following the filing of a petition in the Portage County Domestic Relations Court.  Both of these types of court orders may be enforceable by arrest.  Contact Portage County Victim’s Assistance at (330) 297-3850 for further information regarding TPO’s and CPO’s.

Close window