What are the procedures for a lot split?

The property owner should first hire a currently licensed surveyor to survey the parcel and have a drawing completed which will show the current property layout and the proposed lot split.  Two drawings as well as a legal description of the parcel needs to be completed by the surveyor and submitted to the Engineering Department.

It will be the property owner’s responsibility to have the lot split approved at the Portage County Tax Map office and recorded at the Portage County Recorder’s office in Ravenna, Ohio.

Close window