What is needed when building a new home?

  • 2 – Topos, stamped by a surveyor
  • 2 – Blueprints
  • Sewer permit or Septic permit (obtained through Portage County Water Resources 330-297-3670)
  • Permit applications – Building, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC (they must be submitted together)
  • Model Energy Code
  • Zoning application
  • Water permit (obtained at Service Dept. – 330-626-2856)
  • Mud Bond (obtained through Engineering Dept. 330-626-4942)
  • Well Permit, if applicable (obtained through Portage County Health Dept. – 330-297-3502)
  • All contractors and subcontractors must be registered with the city before the house plans will be submitted for review.
Close window