Welcome to the City of Streetsboro Building Department
Streetsboro Building Department was established in 1993 to assist with the massive development taking place in the city. The purpose of the Building Department is to oversee both commercial and residential construction. The City requires that all contractors and subcontractors doing work in the city be registered. Residents hiring contractors to do work on their property are encouraged to call the Building Department to inquire as to whether or not their contractor is registered. Residents may also visit the Building Department and ask for a list of registered contractors when looking to have work done on their property.
What is required for your project
- The Building Department will require all Residential and Commercial projects to be applied for through our online CitizenServe Portal. Please visit www.cityofstreetsboro.com>building>applications>citizenserve, create an account, register, and apply for permits.
- The drawings should include specific details about what is being done and what materials are going to be used.
- All applicable permits applications need to be filled out together, by each contractor separately through the portal (Building, Electric, HVAC and Plumbing).
- All residential project drawings will be given to the Building Director for review when all of the following requirements have been met:
- A zoning permit has been issued (If applicable).
- All permit applications have been completed and submitted together.
- All Contractors listed on permit applications must be registered with the City of Streetsboro.
- All Commercial projects will be sent out for 3rd party review.
- Before you hire a contractor
- Make sure the contractor you are hiring is registered with the City of Streetsboro. All contractors are required to be registered with the City of Streetsboro if they are doing work in the city. A registered contractor will have a copy of their Liability insurance on file with us as well as a $10,000 performance bond. Please visit www.cityofstreetsboro.com>building>applications>citizenserve>reports, for a list of registered contractors.
- All permit applications for a project must be submitted together through the portal.
- When the permits have been approved and are ready to be issued, the homeowner or the contractor will be contacted with the amount due on the permits through email that was provided during the application process in the portal.
- If the contractor has applied and paid for the permits, the homeowner has the right to ask for a copy of the permits.
- Permits may be paid for by check, or credit/debit through the CitizenServe portal.