FAQ Topic: Building Department FAQ

What is needed for lawn irrigation?

If a contractor/homeowner wants to put in a lawn sprinkler system, they need to fill out a plumbing permit. Attached to the permit, they must have a drawing showing the number of heads and where they are located on the property. The cost for a lawn sprinkler permit is ? PLUS $4.00 per head (fixture). … Continued

What is needed for a swimming pool?

First, you need to submit a zoning permit application and site plan to the Zoning department. A building permit application, an electrical permit application, and if there is a heater being installed a plumbing permit application.  Manufacturers information, and how the pool will be secured is required along with the applications.  If the pool is 4ft. … Continued

What do I need to build a deck?

First, you need to submit a zoning permit application and site plan to the Zoning department. The Building department needs 2 detailed drawings of the proposed deck including the dimensions, height from the ground and depth of the post-holes.

When should I call in my inspections?

All inspections should be requested through our online portal 24 hours in advance. We will not schedule or fulfill same day inspections requests. There are some times during the year it may take 48 hours to get an inspection. Per the OBC, we have up to 96 business hours to fulfill an inspection request, if … Continued

How long does it take for the review process?

Commercial review can take up to 30 business days and are sent out to a 3rd party for review. The average review time for residential projects can take up to 7-10 business days.

What is needed when building a new home?

2 – Topos, stamped by a surveyor 2 – Blueprints Sewer permit or Septic permit (obtained through Portage County Water Resources 330-297-3670) Permit applications – Building, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC (they must be submitted together) Model Energy Code Zoning application Water permit (obtained at Service Dept. – 330-626-2856) Mud Bond (obtained through Engineering Dept. 330-626-4942) … Continued

Do I need a permit for an accessory building?

If the structure is over 220 sq. ft. a building permit is required along with the zoning permit If the structure is under 220 sq. ft. a building permit is not required, however you will still need to obtain a zoning permit

Close window