The Streetsboro Police date back to the 1880’s when the township police constable was used for carrying out nasty tasks like running poor people out of town. There was no real semblance of a police department until the 1950’s. Glenn Marsh was named by the township trustees in about 1952 to serve as chief constable. During his 14-years the township acquired the first police cruiser and began operating as a department. Marsh resigned in 1966 when he moved from the community.
At the time there were three part-time members; Roger Parent, Roger Mazon and George Tarby. Parent was elevated to the chief’s post after serving as a sergeant. Mazon was raised to sergeant.
Parent, along with his wife, Joan, set up police headquarters in their home on Page Rd. For several years all the department’s radio equipment, files, records and equipment were housed in the Parent home. Joan began serving as police dispatcher and established her own enviable record as a top-notch dispatcher and policewoman.
When Streetsboro became a village, Parent transitioned police headquarters from his home to rooms above the fire station.
After eight years on the department, Chief Parent resigned in 1970. At that time remaining men on the department were Sgt. James Brown,; Sgt. Fred Meyer, Ptl. Jeffrey MacAdam and PU. Bruce Krepp.
In 1971, city council approved the hiring of Lowell F. Justice as the new chief of police.
Sgt. Brown remained on the department, as Ptl. MacAdam and Krepp. Newcomers were Ptl. Del Stewart and Archie Jones. Dispatchers were Dale Kelly, Debbie Norman, and Pat Gray.
Credit: Streetsboro Hisotry "The Yesteryears Of Our Town" Facebook Group